Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My Two Pals: Gail & Todd

Clutter Free Classroom
Lately, I've stumbled upon some fantastic teacher blogs. So, I've decided to participate in Clutter Free Classroom's Linky Party. Today's writing prompt (whoooa I'm not ready for school to begin) is:

Respond to this prompt in a complete sentence. Who is your favorite children’s author? Add details to support your answer.


This year I participated in Action Research. My action research revolved around using nonfiction in my second grade classroom. Because of this project, I fell in love with the children's author Gail Gibbons. Are you familiar? She's fantastic. Her books are visually appealing and easy to read. Plus, my students loved them.

She has written well over 100 books. Here are a few titles that were favorites among my second graders!





Also! If you visit her website, she has printables and teaching guides available for free. I know everyone loves free things!

Like most teachers, I have many many many favorite authors. Another author that I love is Todd Parr. My favorite of his books is, "It's Okay To Be Different". It's the perfect book to read to kids on the first day of school to build community. My favorite page says:

"It's okay to eat mac and cheese in the bathtub."

Whew! Good thing I'm not the only one.

It's okay to be on wheels. It's okay to be different. 


Happy! Sad! Shocked! Angry!

I feel good just looking at the cover!

I know a few friends who should read this. 

These books also make for great gifts for family. I bought my dad "The Grandpa Book" and my sister "The Mommy Book". The use of colors are outstanding!

Okay, okay... you caught me! Maybe I am ready to be back in the classroom. :)

1 comment:

  1. First of all, you've inspired me to actually blog-- I had one made but hadn't used it. Reading your posts made me want to start! Now you'll just have to make sure I keep it up... :)

    Second, I will definitely have to get some Gail Gibbons books. They look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Add This

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...