Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunny Sonntag

My vacuum has seen better days. I thought I might give some life to it by changing the belt. One might think that this would be an easy process. FYI: it's not. I bought three different Eureka belts at Wal-Mart and let them sit on the counter for 24 hours. Today, using my tools and the instrucional guide... I tried changing the belt. After what I thought was a successful process, I began to vacuum.


My poor vacuum started smoking violently. I shut it off and ran away from it. I couldn't run far because my apartment is small. Instead, I hid it in my kitchen. Hopefully the vacuum fairy shows up quickly to repair my smokey vacuum.

It's craft time. I'm excited about this one, because it was remarkably easy and fun! I was able to successfully watch Beverly Hills 90210 on SoapNet and make flowers from fabric.

This year, I bought a significant amount of fabric to decorate my bulletin boards. Fabric lasts longer than butcher paper, so it may cost more but it's worth it.

I found the perfect tutorial on The Secret Stitch Club's blog. I was super pumped because it didn't require a needle and thread or sewing machine! First, I decided to make a gift for two friends who shall remain nameless at this time. I bought cheap frames at Target to decorate. I gathered my fabric, glue gun, frames, and fancy buttons and starting crafting!

I discovered that the flowers are much better when you cut thicker strips of fabric. Also, the thicker the fabric the better! The online tutorial takes you through each step in making the flowers:

1. Tie a knot at the end of the strip and glue to surface.
2. Twist fabric and glue
3. Repeat!

My flowers at first were quite small but then I figured out the secret to success. 

Up close and personal 

The perfect gift!
Next, I decided to put that one last canvas to good use. I made three more flowers and glued them to the white canvas for wall art. I'm not sure where it will go on my wall, but it's great to have options!

As you can see, I made a boo-boo on the finished product. I originally had a smaller yellow flower, but it didn't quite mesh so I peeled it off. Once I find some, I'm going to add some tulle to hide the sticky glue mess. I highly recommend this craft! It was pretty simple and fun!

That's all folks! 

1 comment:

Add This


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...