I'm a huge sucker for Italian food. I could eat pizza and pasta everyday. If I did this, I would eventually have to move into a zoo because I will have transformed into an elephant. So, I resist temptation and only eat pizza and pasta on occasion. I'm sure many of you have seen zucchini pizza pinned over the Pinterest world, and I've had my eye on it for awhile. Last night, we gave it a whirl!
2 zucchinis (depending on how many will be dining with you!)
Cheese (we picked provel!)
Turkey Pepperoni (surprisingly delicious)
Here's our step by step take on creating our healthy dinner. Someday, I'll become a fancy food photographer. :)
1. Chop your zucchinis in half and scoop out the insides.
2. Spoon in the pizza sauce of your choice.
3. Load up your toppings. We went for pepperoni, but go crazy!
4. Top with cheese! Our pizzas were St. Louis style with provel cheese. The provel made it gooey and extra delicious.
5. Pop in the oven at 375 for 30-35 minutes (depending on your oven of course). The end result will surprise you. The pizzas are very juicy and full of flavor. Next time, I plan to add my spices on the zucchini before adding the pizza sauce.
|Cookin' & Eatin'|