On our vacation in California earlier this month my bf and I had our first experience with cantaloupe and prosciutto pizza. When we ordered, we didn't really know what to expect we just crossed our fingers and hopped the pizza would turn out tasty.
Yum. It was the strangest and and one of the most delicious pizzas I've ever had. So different from pizza I'm used to back in Missouri. Since coming home, we were longing for a little taste of Southern California, so we made our very own Cantaloupe and Prosciutto Pizza. :)
- Pizza crust (we used Jiffy Pizza Crust Mix)
- Cantaloupe (sliced thin)
- Prosciutto (sliced thin)
- Mozzarella cheese
- Pizza Sauce
- Prepare pie crust as directed on box or package and bake for 2-3 minutes.
- Add pizza sauce and mozz cheese to pizza crust.
- Next, layer prosciutto on top of mozzarella. Hold onto the cantaloupe!
- Bake your pizza (note: this depends on what type of crust you use/make) for 18-20 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Top your pizza with cantaloupe and fresh basil. Enjoy!