Monday, August 11, 2014

SPOTLIGHT Bulletin Board Idea

During my first year of teaching, and Fellows year, I conducted an action research project on using nonfiction text during read alouds and how it affected students reading nonfiction on their own. During that year, with guidance from my mentor, we created a hanging bulletin board where I would "Spotlight" the nonfiction text we were reading for the week. It was a great resource and reminder for students of the books we had read and were available to them as readers. 


Fast forward to my current 5th grade classroom. I am fortunate to have a HUUUGE wall in the back of my room. The past few years, I've bounced back and forth between what to put on that wall and this year I decided to create another spotlight!



Because I teach three sections of science, the bulk of my material posted on the wall revolves around our science content. If you're like me, I am constantly swapping out posters and materials depending on what we are studying. One of our first "spotlights" will be on the scientific method, once we move onto weather, I will change out the posters and objectives for our next unit. 

What bulletin boards do you have around your room spotlight content areas? Share your ideas with me!

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you commented on my blog this morning…Love your blog and look forward to stalking you this year!!! I will be teaching fifth grade science and it looks like we cover the same topics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jordan - Love the graphics with this board. Did you make them? Willing to share or available on TPT?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute bulletin board and so versatile. #greatidea
    Amanda
    The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete

Add This

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...