Brace yourself! I've got two deliciously easy treats for you to try. Which are conveniently two of my favorite characteristics of baking: delicious and easy. More emphasis on the delicious of course.
Side note: I'm rocking the clothing version of a mullet right now. I'm partially dressed in sweat pants and my dress and pearls from school today. I'm ready for business on top and slumber on the bottom. Which reminds me of this:
Apple Dumplings (with a splash of 'Dew!)
|Warning: These have not been baked, YET!|
from The Pioneer Woman
2 sticks butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tubes crescent rolls
2 granny smith apples
12 ounces of Mountain Dew
Vanilla ice cream
- Peel and slice your apples. (I skipped this step)
- Wrap each slice in a crescent dough triangle and place in sprayed (greased) pan.
- In a bowl, melt your butter and stir in sugar and vanilla.
- Pour over top of the wrapped apples....or spread on top with a spoon.
- Pour the Mt. Dew all around and sprinkle with Cinnamon.
- Place in 350 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Serve hot with ice cream!
I've never baked with Mountain Dew (or any pop for that matter), so my hand was a tad shaky pouring the dew all over my beautifully wrapped apples (of course, I'm exaggerating. They weren't beautiful). The final product was delish. I've got a few leftovers in my fridge.. head on over!
|She Says Photo|
Funfetti Cake Batter Fudge from Pursuit of Happiness (I'm a new follower!)
|MIZ Fudge Style|
|Thumpity Thump Thump|