I spent my Saturday evening cooking up a deliciously great dish with someone equally as great. Now, I've got plenty of leftovers and Netflix can stream on my Wii. (No, the pasta did not have an affect on my Wii)
Spaghetti with Tomatoes, Black Olives, Garlic, and Feta CheeseFood & Wine
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatoes (about 3) seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 1/4 pound feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 3/4 pound spaghetti
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- In a large glass or stainless-steel bowl, combine the tomatoes, olives, feta, capers, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the spaghetti until just done, about 12 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a medium frying pan, heat the olive oil over moderately low heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the cooked pasta and the garlic oil to the tomato mixture and toss.
Remember for your Tuesday.. it's best to be silly, be honest, and be kind!