Happy Monday, friends! I hope the weather is beautiful in your area. Today, I woke up as a frozen popsicle in my bed (because I'm cheap and won't turn up the heat) and this afternoon I was prancing around in flippy flops. I sure do love spring weather!
While driving home, I remembered I had a few chicken breasts in my fridge waiting to be cooked. I was in the mood for something soupy, stewy, taco-ey, and yummy. I started looking up recipes for a chicken taco soup, but I didn't have all of the ingredients to complete one.. so I combined a few!
Chicken Taco Soup
Here's What You Need!
- Chicken breasts
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- Chicken broth
- Cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 of velveeta ...stick? What do you call those things?
- 1-2 cups salsa
- 1 can corn
- Tortilla chips
- Sour cream
- Boil chicken breasts, taco seasoning, chicken broth and water for roughly 30-45 minutes. Don't quote me on that one!
- Remove the chicken from the broth and chop up into cubes or shred. I went for the shred/cubed approach.
- Add the remainder of your ingredients (except chips and sour cream) to your broth and let simmer. Don't forget to throw your chicken back in!
- Pour some in a bowl and eat with chips and sour cream. Enjoy!
I enjoyed mine from the comfort of my patio. Now, I'm going to clean the crap (pardon me) out of my house.
My patio is ready for guests. Come one... come all!