Monday, March 26, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad


Yum. 
Last week, I spent my spring break in St. Louis and Dallas relaxing and taking a true mental vacation. While in Dallas, we all decided to stay in one night and make dinner. I jumped on the chance to test out a new recipe. Pinterest introduced me to this recipe for Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad, so we went to work. 


What You Need:
  • 8 oz uncooked pasta (we went with bowtie!)
  • 1/2 cup Frank's hot sauce (my first time cooking with hot sauce!)
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp onion powder
  • 1/4 tsp celery salt
  • 2 cups precooked chicken
  • 1 1/2 cups blue cheese crumbles
  • 1 cup carrots
  • 1 cup celery
Click here to follow Snappy Gourmet's step by step directions for making the pasta. 

Now, you're probably wondering why that bottle of white wine vinegar is hanging out with garlic salt in the above photo. Maybe you weren't wondering that, but now you are. Well, initially it was thought that lemon juice was M.I.A. After subbing in white wine vinegar for lemon juice, we found a brand new bottle of lemon juice chillin' in the fridge. Literally. 

We also failed to find any garlic powder, onion powder, or celery salt .... so we used garlic salt. Could my taste buds tell anything was missing? Nope. 

What else do you need for a successful pasta? Someone else to chop the veggies. Lucky me, huh? I stuck to the easy stuff. 
Chop & Pour, repeat.
Fit For a King (or 4 friends on a Saturday night)
Promptly after this photo was taken, I was feeling rather confident the pasta dish that was created. I did a fancy little spin move on the rug and wiped out. The fridge happend to catch my fall and, thankfully, the pasta.
Bless You, Fridge.

1 comment:

  1. Looks so yummy!! I'll definitely be making it soon.

    ReplyDelete

Add This

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...