Monday, March 11, 2013

Lettuce Wrapped BBQ Pulled Pork

Are your drooling after reading the title? Yes, you should be. On Sunday, my house was filled with the sweet smell of BBQ as our pork creation simmered in the crock pot. My bf and I like to cook together and try out and experiment with new recipes. Sundays are the perfect experimentation day! This was actually one we've done before - I just forgot to blog about it. Shame on me. 

After a great Monday with my students, I was happy to come home to scrumptious leftovers. Those who know me well, know that I am not a typical "leftovers" fan. Gosh, I guess this means I'm growing up. 



Lettuce Wrapped BBQ Pulled Pork - Scott Style

You'll Need:

  • pork shoulder
  • mustard
  • pork rub (we used Famous Daves)
  • brown sugar
  • 1 cup beer
  • 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
  • BBQ sauce of your choice
  • Lettuce (for wraps)
Make it:
  • Coat meat with mustard and pork rub. Sprinkle with brown sugar (all over!)
  • Pour 1 cup of beer and 1 tablespoon (or a few) into the crock pot.
  • Plump your pork into the crock pot and drizzle with BBQ sauce.
  • Let cook on low for 6-8 hours. Shred when you're ready to dine.
  • Spoon shredded meat into lettuce wrap for a little sandwich. If you're feeling fancy, drizzle with some BBQ. Enjoy!
Enjoy your extra hour of sunshine, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add This

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...