Last night, my bf and I were craving something a little different than our Sunday night Soup tradition. After bouncing several ideas, we decided to create our own version of a Taco Pizza. If you have a Casey's General Store in your area - you've probably experienced one before. :) We borrowed ideas from this recipe at Jo Cooks here.
Chicken Taco Pizza
- Pizza Dough (we picked up the premade kind)
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1 pound of chicken breasts, cut into strips
- Shredded cheese
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 package of chicken taco seasoning
Toppings (go wild!)
- Green peppers
- Plain Greek Yogurt (substitute for sour cream)
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Begin assembling your pizza from the bottom up. We covered the pizza with refried beans and salsa while the chicken cooked in the taco seasoning.
- In the mean time, cook your chicken in a skillet with the taco seasoning. We followed the directions on the packet of seasons.
- Add the cooked chicken and shredded cheese to your pizza.
- Pop it in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Polish off the pizza with toppings of your choice. We went with: lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, green peppers, cilantro, and yogurt.
- Slice your pizza up and enjoy!
I don't mean to toot our horns or anything... but this was a delicious dish. I'm looking forward to the leftovers tonight for dinner. We watched ours with an episode of Walking Dead and the NFL playoffs. Are you a fan of Walking Dead too? We are catching up on season three and things are getting emotional.