Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Newly Converted Baseball Fan

I've never really been a baseball fan. Now, before you throw darts at me... hear me out! Okay, I admit it, I don't have a great reason for not liking baseball. I just never really got into it. Sorry! Sorry! I've seen the light, I'm a changed woman.

Now, I've turned over a new leaf and vowed to enjoy baseball. I am pretty excited about this! Especially since I was invited to attend Opening Day festivities this weekend for the Cardinals! Lucky me, huh? I took my first step as a Cardinals fan and bought a new t-shirt and tonight I took step numero dos. I dipped a batch of oreos into almond bark and made the ugliest looking cookie baseballs, ever.

I love baking and trying out new things, but I'm certainly not a culinary artist. If a chef walked into my house right now, they would slap me silly for torturing these poor cookies. I've never preached "perfect" or "beautiful" with anything I cook, so this was just another cooking day for me! The uglier the better I say.

Keep in mind, I only photographed the decent ones.
I surrendered to the icing and failed to put the extra lace on the baseballs.

Icing you win this round! I'll conquer you next time. (Maybe. Let's be honest, probably not.)


2 comments:

  1. Have fun at the game! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny!! Your post grabbed my attention because my nephew's nursery is baseball-themed and his parents are huge Cardinal fans. Maybe a thinner icing tip would do the trick?

    I'm your newest follower!
    Christi ツ
    Ms. Fultz’s Corner

    ReplyDelete

Add This

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...