Well, skip forward two and a half years and guess what I tried out last night? Yes, you guessed it! Spaghetti squash. How did it taste? Not too shabby! It was the perfect dish for a dinner date after a beautiful day of Polar Bear Plunging!
I found a recipe on Kraft Foods and modified it just a tad. The original recipe for Cheesey Spaghetti Squash can be found here.
|Whoops! Forgot the Squash.|
- Spaghetti squash (we used two!)
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Parsley or Italian Seasoning
- EVOO (as Rachel Ray says)
- Microwave your squash for 10-12 minutes. Make sure you stab it with a fork a few times to allow for steaming. As demonstrated below. :)
- Cut the squash in half and pull the seeds from the insides. Use a fork to scrape the sides of the squash to form spaghetti-ish strands.
- Throw the strands and your ingredients in a mixing bowl and toss 'em up!
- Enjoy with your date!
|Take Out Your Anger on Some Squash!|
|Dinner is Served!|
Our dish was complete with a side of asparagus. Thanks to a suggestion from Pinterest, I seasoned the asparagus with olive oil, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Then, I stuck them in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes!
I think it's about that time to enjoy a little nappy-poo, Netflix, and my couch while I mentally prepare for a spectacular night of television. Yes, I'm talking about The Oscars!