Sunday, February 26, 2012

Squashed

Not so long ago, my dear friend Ali (follow her blog here) tried to convince me to eat spaghetti squash. She told me how delicious it was and it was a great alternative to noodles. I thought she had gone crazy! Spaghetti from a SQUASH? I said, "Girl, you've lost your mind." (I'm 75% sure that's an accurate statement)

Well, skip forward two and a half years and guess what I tried out last night? Yes, you guessed it! Spaghetti squash. How did it taste? Not too shabby! It was the perfect dish for a dinner date after a beautiful day of Polar Bear Plunging!

I found a recipe on Kraft Foods and modified it just a tad. The original recipe for Cheesey Spaghetti Squash can be found here.

Whoops! Forgot the Squash.

Ingredients:

  • Spaghetti squash (we used two!)
  • Mozzarella cheese
  • Parmesan Cheese
  • Spaghetti Sauce
  • Parsley or Italian Seasoning
  • EVOO (as Rachel Ray says) 
Make it!
  • Microwave your squash for 10-12 minutes. Make sure you stab it with a fork a few times to allow for steaming. As demonstrated below. :)
  • Cut the squash in half and pull the seeds from the insides. Use a fork to scrape the sides of the squash to form spaghetti-ish strands.
  • Throw the strands and your ingredients in a mixing bowl and toss 'em up!
  • Enjoy with your date!
Take Out Your Anger on Some Squash!
Dinner is Served!
Our dish was complete with a side of asparagus. Thanks to a suggestion from Pinterest, I seasoned the asparagus with olive oil, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Then, I stuck them in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes!




I think it's about that time to enjoy a little nappy-poo, Netflix, and my couch while I mentally prepare for a spectacular night of television. Yes, I'm talking about The Oscars! 




A Marvelous Mess

1 comment:

  1. Yum yum! Hey - how'd the Polar Bear Plunge go? I was thinking about ya.

    Barbara
    The Corner On Character

    ReplyDelete

Add This

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...