Of course, the Super Bowl was the perfect occasion to test out a new recipe on a few willing guinea pigs. As you may (or may not) know, I'm a big fan of crescent rolls. Who knew those little wraps were so versatile? On Pinterest I found a recipe for a spinach and cream cheese pinwheel but then it vanished. I couldn't seem to track it down again. After wayyy too much searching, I had to rely on that other search engine, google.
Taste of Home has a delightfully simple recipe for Spinach Cheese Pinwheels. I modified a bit. Here's how to make these little goodies on your own:
|Fits in the Palm of Your Hand|
Spinach Cream Cheese Pinwheels
- 1 tube garlic butter flavored crescent rolls
- 4 oz cream cheese
- frozen spinach
- (optional) meat or veggie of your choice!
- Separate crescent rolls into four rectangles and seal the perforations. (Yes, this step took me awhile to figure out)
- Spread cream cheese on crescent rolls. Top with spinach, ham, and veggies (if you so choose!)
- Roll up each rectangle up jelly style and cut into slices. Don't forget to pinch the edges to seal!
- Cook for 8-10 minutes on 400 degrees.