Monday, March 16, 2015

Pistachio Inspired Tables

This weekend, my handsome fella' and I tackled a little furniture revamping project. To date, this was officially our second project together. Inspired by our favorite power couple, Chip and Joanna Gaines, we decided to give these end tables a second life. 

Here's a peak at the end tables prior to our project:

Fun Fact: Both tables fit quite nicely in the backseat of a Ford Fusion!

First, we decided to give each of the tables a good sanding because.. well... that's what every tutorial told us to do, so it seemed like it was necessary. How's that for an explanation?


After standing in the spray paint aisle for way-too-long (my fault.. couldn't decide on a color), Scott said, "go with your gut!" So, my gut said, "Pistachio!" Therefore, we went with the color "Pistachio" by Krylon. As were were painting and the color came to life, I fell more and more in love with the color! 

Named after my favorite snack: Pistachio!

After a few coats of paint (and another trip to Wal-Mart for more paint...then a pit stop at Home Depot...and online search at Menards..) our finished project was sitting pretty in our garage. 
Chip, our official project observer, gave the tables his stamp of approval. 


Have you painted furniture before? Do you sand? Prime? Spray Paint? Share with me your tips!

My next furniture project involves a sofa table I purchased on Craigslist and chalk paint. Off to the garage I go to soak up this beautiful weather and my final hours of spring break!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add This

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...