Saturday, December 21, 2013

Bringing DIY to my Classroom


To say that our classroom was filled with Christmas cheer this week would be a mild understatement. For one of our activities, I had my students create an ornament with their big 'ol 5th grade smile tucked inside for their families. Last year, I made a few ornaments for my own tree that you can read about here. It was fun bringing the spirit of DIY to my classroom and equally exciting having my students create a gift for a family member - now I'm just hoping that gift made it home and found its way to a tree. :)

For the project, we used a ball-shaped ornament, and a photograph to roll up and stick inside. The end result was pretty stinkin' cute. 



Stuffing the Ornaments
What holiday crafts did you complete with your students?

Happy weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add This

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...