For our Tennessee tailgate this weekend, I decided to put one of my long-lost pins to good use. On Saturday, we tested out and enjoyed Jalapeno Popper Dip. I orignally pinned this recipe from Raining Hot Coupons, you can find the original recipe here. We made a few slight modifications which you can see below:
Jalapeno Popper Dip
Original Recipe: Raining Hot Coupons
- 2 8oz packages of Light Cream Cheese
- 1 small jar/can of jalapenos (we used some of the juice in the mixture as well)
- 1 small can of green chiles
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Planko breadcrumbs (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine and mix all ingredients except the breadcrumbs. Reserve those for the top of your dip.
- Pour mixture into 9x13 pan and top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Broil the top for 2-3 minutes until you have a nice golden brown cover on your dip.
- Serve with crackers, tortillas, or pita chips!
It was definitely a hit - especially when it was heated up next to a giant bowl of homemade chili. The perfect combo before a big win over the Tennessee Volunteers! Did I mention Mizzou is 7-1? Oh, and the Chiefs are 8-0? FANTASTIC!