Monday, September 10, 2012

Welcome to Missouri, Georgia!

This weekend was our (Missouri's) first game as part of the SEC. If you're a follower of college football, you may know that the game didn't quite turn out the way we wanted it to. Oh well, I still love my Tigers - win or lose!

To celebrate the inaugural SEC season and FIRST game of the SEC, my bf and I decided to have a little contest. We are quite the competitive duo, so it only made sense for us to strike up a friendly competition.  Since Georgia was making its way to Missouri for the first time, we decided to have a Peach Salsa Off! The two of us made our very own peach salsas and brought them to the tailgate Saturday morning. Around 2:00, a friend and I took the salsa to different tailgates and had a blind taste test. One salsa was on a black plate and the other was on a gold plate (naturally). Strangers gave us their feedback on the salsa.

Scott on the left. Jordon on the right.
The benefit to this 1st Annual Peach Salsa Off is that now I know how to easily peel and dice a peach. Thanks to google and youtube of course.

Peach Salsa:

2-4 peaches (peeled and diced)
Juice of 1 lime 
1 red pepper diced
1 jalapeno diced
1 can of rotel (I only used the tomatoes, not the juice)
1 clove of minced garlic
1 cup chopped red onions


Combine all of your ingredients and let the salsa sit overnight. The flavors and juices combined for a deliciously sweet and tangy treat. Serve with tortilla chips! 

Now, the competition is over with and I wish I had better news to report (on my end). Sadly, I lost the taste competition 10-7. For awhile, it was stiff competition. Then the victory slipped away from me. My salsa and I would like to thank everyone who helped us on youtube and those many people who complimented my salsa. In the end, I was informed that my salsa was a tad too spicy. Who knew!? I don't even like spicy food! Although, my bf was a gentleman and said he liked mine more. :)

1 comment:

Add This

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...