Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Scrumptious x2 Tuesday

Lucky Post #100!

Brace yourself! I've got two deliciously easy treats for you to try. Which are conveniently two of my favorite characteristics of baking: delicious and easy. More emphasis on the delicious of course.

Side note: I'm rocking the clothing version of a mullet right now. I'm partially dressed in sweat pants and my dress and pearls from school today. I'm ready for business on top and slumber on the bottom. Which reminds me of this:

Musings
Back on track.. Once again brace yourself.


Apple Dumplings (with a splash of 'Dew!)


Warning: These have not been baked, YET!
Where did I find this recipe you ask? Well, Pinterest of course. Can I think of anything on my own anymore or simply crack open a cook book? Ha! That's nonsense. Or so she says... is a great blog full of great recipes. Check it out!


Apple Dumplings
from The Pioneer Woman

2 sticks butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tubes crescent rolls
2 granny smith apples
12 ounces of Mountain Dew
Cinnamon
Vanilla ice cream

Directions: 
  • Peel and slice your apples.  (I skipped this step)
  • Wrap each slice in a crescent dough triangle and place in sprayed (greased) pan.  
  • In a bowl, melt your butter and stir in sugar and vanilla.  
  • Pour over top of the wrapped apples....or spread on top with a spoon.  
  • Pour the Mt. Dew all around and sprinkle with Cinnamon. 
  • Place in 350 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes.  
  • Serve hot with ice cream!
I've never baked with Mountain Dew (or any pop for that matter), so my hand was a tad shaky pouring the dew all over my beautifully wrapped apples (of course, I'm exaggerating. They weren't beautiful). The final product was delish. I've got a few leftovers in my fridge.. head on over!

She Says Photo

I'm a lover of all things Funfetti. Ever since my BFF Ali (click here for her blog!) discovered the magical recipe of Funfetti cookies. I've even blogged about a Funfetti adventure here and here. See? I'm borderline obsessed. So, anytime I see something Funfetti related on Pinterest it's an automatic repin. Introducing recipe numero dos:

Funfetti Cake Batter Fudge from Pursuit of Happiness (I'm a new follower!)


1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk

3.5 cups white chocolate chips

3 tsp Vanilla Extract

1/2 tsp Almond Extract
Rainbow Sprinkles
Pour milk and white chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 2-3 minutes, or until white chocolate is almost completely melted. DO NOT OVERHEAT. Stir until completely blended, melted, and smooth.
Immediately add vanilla and almond and combine thoroughly. Add a handful or so of rainbow sprinkles and fold in quickly, because they will melt (and if they are stirred for too long they’ll turn the fudge an ugly muddy color)
Transfer to an aluminum-foil lined 8×8 inch baking pan for very thick fudge, or a 11X7 pan (recommended). Let set at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
MIZ Fudge Style
I think I went a little crazy with the almond flavoring, but overall my fudge was/is pretty delish. I'll be sure to let you know what my book club thinks of it tonight.
Before I go, I'm sure you've seen the adorable photo of snowman door decor floating around Pinterest and bloggy land. I decided to bring a little snow into my classroom before the holidays! Hopefully it doesn't bring a blizzard like last year. Oops!
Thumpity Thump Thump
Linking up here!

1 comment:

  1. Your door is so cute! Those desserts look amazing. Let us know how the apple dumplings turn out. Anything by P-Dubb is usually terrific.

    ReplyDelete

Add This

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...