Thursday, November 10, 2016

Thoughtful Thursday - Using our Words to Make Others Smile



I can't quite determine where the inspiration for Thoughtful Thursday came from.... 
Perhaps it's the month of November and I'm feeling more grateful than before. 
Maybe it's the amount of negative information I browse anytime I hop online. 
It's possible I just wanted to help others feel good because Kid President says its the way to a happy life!

Whatever the reason, I can tell you that Thoughtful Thursday is a huge hit in our classroom and my kids were so excited to participate again. I had students delivering cards at 8:05 this morning (approximately 10 minutes after they arrived in class!)

What is Thoughtful Thursday? It's simple. Grab a blank card from the box and write a letter expressing gratitude, thankfulness, and kindness to a friend, teacher, family member, or anyone who may benefit from kind words. 

Looking for a little pick me up today? I encourage you to extend a note of kindness to someone else. I imagine it will not only brighten your day but theirs as well. Do it... I dare ya!



P.S. If you haven't seen the latest Kid President video. I highly recommend! He reminds us that we are PEOPLE, people and we should treat each other accordingly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add This

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...