Monday, July 9, 2012

Sitting Comfortably

Good morning! 

In my classroom, I have my students sit in pods. This year, I wanted to hold each pod accountable for their group behavior. My school utilizes the PBS program and students can individually earn Tribal Tickets (PBS tickets) for positive choices. This year in my room, my students will be working as small groups to earn another type of reward:


Throughout the week, students can earn points for the entire group demonstrating positive behavior. At the end of the week, my class accountant will tally up the points and announce the winner! The group with the most points will get to have a comfy seat cushion for the following week.

Talk about motivation! 

Linking up with 4th Grade Frolics!

14 comments:

  1. Love that idea! Kids would love to have a super special seat!!

    Amy
    mellosmemos@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! The name caught me from Made it Monday, and when I got here and saw the silverware I was hooked. If you ever read my blog posts, I'm all about the food. And your picture is cool. I want to be your new friend. (:
    Anyway, GREAT idea with the pillows. I'm stealing it next year and pinning it. Hope that's ok.
    Obviously, I'm a new follower!
    ann
    The Caffeinated Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, it's me again. Not to be a stalker, but I can't find a "follow by email" button. Did I miss it?
    ann
    The Caffeinated Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm.. Great question, Ann! I noticed that under the blog post you can click the "subscribe by email", but I'll work on the follow by email button! :)

      Delete
  4. What a fun reward! My students always complain about how hard their chairs are! I may have to find some chair cushions and make this a reward in my room. Thanks for sharing!

    Mary
    Teaching Special Kids

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you making these comfy cushions with your new sewing machine this summer??? Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea!!! Love it! I want to sit on one of those cozy cushions:))) So happy you could link up:) Thanks for popping by and hope you can come back next week:))

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are cute!!! I want to be in your class (and the winning pod)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! I bet your students will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fabulous idea. Thanks for sharing.

    Jill
    Bubbalulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Add This

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...